Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Inside the Home of Television Host Lauren Blair: Part 1

I recently had the opportunity to get an exclusive look at the home of celebrity television host Lauren Blair. For those of you who are regular fans, you know that Lauren has exceptional style and amazing taste when it comes to jewelry and fashion, so it will be no surprise to see that her oasis away from the set is reflective of this.

The beautiful and very charismatic TV host opened the door and welcomed me into her home which was filled with bright colored roses and smelled of fresh baked butterscotch cookies. As we toured the house I really got to know Lauren, her vision and her personal style. She purchased the house six years ago, “I knew it was the one because I loved the location, the views and most importantly the layout. Even as a child I always knew I would live in Hollywood and now I have a view of the Hollywood sign from my kitchen and bedroom windows.” I ask about the history of the house, as I was curious to know what it looked like before. She tells me, “The skeleton of the house hasn’t changed..all I’ve done is paint the walls and decorate.” Before and after photos reveal that she is being very modest. On her own and on a budget, Lauren has completely reinvented this house creating a high-style and glamorous home perched high above the hills of Los Angeles. She didn’t miss a detail, and was able to maintain her vision through out. When she purchased the home she originally decorated it completely modern. “I had always had modern furniture in my apartments so I just brought it all over and continued to decorate with that style. The home is Mediterranean and it just didn’t go. Now that I have decorated the house to match my style, the energy in the home is so different. I love being here, it’s my sanctuary.” 


Lauren started to redecorate last year with a whole new vision. She used a mix of furnishings and materials that create lots of sparkle and softness including crystals, feathers, velvet, and mirrors. Her home is overall very eclectic with a Hollywood glamour theme throughout. Jolts of color help separate the various rooms and support each room’s unique decor. Lauren loves luxury so it’s no surprise that she was able to design a house that exudes glamour and high-style throughout: from the grand entrance which pours right into the all white living room which is an enchanting take on classic baroque to bedroom which is a glamorous Hollywood regency vibe. Throughout the house, there are details that really take her interior design work to another level, switch lights and knobs match each rooms design. Views of the neighbor’s home have been blocked to create privacy. Outside the living room windows, banana palms were planted to obstruct the view of the neighbor’s backyard. In the den, a frosted film with a diamond print was placed on the windows to match the quilting of the couch to allow sunlight in but provide privacy from neighbors. I hope you enjoy the inside peak into Lauren’s home as much as I did. Thank you Lauren!


Stark white living room
Custom made couches


Mirrored pieces were found at Home Goods

Dining room inspiration: Peacocks!

Wall mirrors from Z Gallerie


Breakfast room glass for table was custom cut in emerald shape to match the shape of the room
Fashion & Hollywood inspired sitting room




The butterfly painting was the inspiration behind the pink room
Bedroom inspiration Dior Paris

our new obsession: Lauren's collection of luxury handbags!
We love how she has displayed her collection of limited edition Dior world bags



Guest Bedroom: headboard custom made
Wall mirror and art from Home Goods




 Here is a peek at what it looked like before...



4 comments:

  1. The before and after photos really show how much work was been done. The Hollywood room looks great, and nothing in the house seems over the top despite some of the bold colors. Can't wait for part 2!


    M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially adore the Hollywood room, especially the photographs she chose to hang on the walls. The one with Sophia Loren is one of my all time favorites!

      Delete
  2. OMG. I want her closet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her closet is absolutely incredible! The way she has her shoes and handbags organized is every fashionista's dream :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...