Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Apartment Inspiration: Part 1

 So I have taken on a very exciting project- I have one week to design and decorate a one bedroom apartment for a personal friend. I have been given carte blanche to do as I please because she has no time and absolutely no furniture at all.  I have one week to complete everything and my budget is $4,000. At first, I was super excited about this opportunity..I thought it would be easy to do and I could complete everything in a day or so. Well, not so! It takes at least 5 to 7 business days for furniture to arrive, and there will be alot of assembly involved.

My friend has requested very light colors throughout- neutrals like beige, taupe, and light gray with hints of color in it. The apartment is in a high-rise building and has an incredible view of the pool, so we are thinking of using turquoise as an accent color. Here are some photos I'm using for living room inspiration....Stay tuned for more!

I love the soft use of colors in this room, it is very subtle, inviting and feminine.


I adore this rug and the gold end table...what a great way to add some metallic glamour to the space.

I love the look of  this white shaggy rug and the stools in this room.

 This velvet couch is comfortable and eye-pleasing at the same time. I also adore the zebra rug and the white lacquer tray.

This tufted couch is AMAZING! I would love to replicate this look and use turquoise instead of pink as an accent color.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...